Why Should I Tidy Up?
For many of us tidying up our lives can be something that can bring about personal clarity & sense of purposeful organization. If you’re a busy mom, a woman on the go or someone who leads a busy life as a boss babe building her empire, you know that organization, decluttering & creating space for items that “spark joy” is not your first priority.
If your anything like me, you probably have to get yourself ready for work or for the day, quickly put on your makeup, after applying some moisturizer & be ready to go. Then there is also laundry, cooking, cleaning & fulfilling the best job in the world, being a mom for some of us. So how can we declutter, organize, sort & get rid of items that don’t “spark joy” without overwhelming ourselves? Simple, implement the Kon Mari Method.
What is the Kon Mari Method?
The Kon Mari Method consists of simple rules that you can follow as well as placing things in categories that you can easily accomplish one day at a time.
- Commit yourself to tidying up in your life
- Imagine the lifestyle you want
- Finish discarding items first
- Tidy by category not by location ( For example don’t begin in the Kitchen without tending to your clothing)
- Follow the right order to accomplish your tasks, without overwhelming yourself
- Ask yourself if the item sparks joy?
Categories & Order for the Kon Mari Method
- Komono – Kitchen, Bathroom, Garage & Miscellaneous
Tips to Help you Tidy Up Your Life
- Thank your home
- Pile things into one big pile
- Organize by size. Similar size items should go in one place
- Store items by use of frequency & how easily you can get to them or find them
- Things will get worse before they get better
- Give Every Item a Home
- Use the Kon Mari folding method to put away your clothes
- Use clear boxes when you can
- Make sure every item you keep sparks joy
How can you live a better life by Tidying up?
When you begin to organize your life, declutter & remove things that no longer spark joy or feelings of happiness, you will begin to see the impact it makes in your life. You will begin to see how everything in your home & life has a place or purpose. This change will bring about clarity in your life by eliminating clutter.
If you would like to begin your journey using the Kon Mari Method, click to download your Free Kon Mari Checklist & start your journey to the art of tidying up.
If you would like to watch a video for inspiration on Tidying Up, Click the Link: Clean and Decorate with Me
Be sure to also check out other posts on my Blog.